Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Our first visit to Santa... not a success

At what age do children become fearful? Mae has shown no fear of strangers, strange things, men with beards, anything. That was until today, when we went to visit Santa. We where at the mall with some extra time and the Santa line was empty, so I wheeled Mae back to meet Jolly Old St. Nick. Never have I seen her apprehensive, but something about the long white beard, tiny glasses and white cloth gloves must have pushed her over the edge. We didn't have hysterics, but we weren't happy. No pictures, but hopefully in a few weeks we'll try again (with reinforcements).

If anyone has any advice on how to get a smiling baby with Santa, PLEASE let me know!

2 comments:

The Beatty's said...

It takes awhile for some kids. I have yet to get Ryan on a strange Santa's lap, although he did give the Santa that came to Aunt Cheryl's house (aka Grandad, though I don't think he knew it) a hug last year. I'll email you my shot of Ryan with Santa last year.

julie said...

I'm sure there is an easier way to leave a note, but with all my grading I don't have enough time to look.... wondering if there is curling in this winter for you all?

I'm trying to find someone interested in St. Paul who needs a girl...