Sunday, March 9, 2008

Do your kids act out when your SO is away?

Rich is away curling in the Plainfield Stone this weekend (good luck!), so I am a single parent for a few days. Although it is not often that Rich is away, one thing I have noticed is that our little darling turns into a devil at bedtime when he is away. When he's home, Rich is the primary person to put Mae to bed. But even though I follow their nighttime rituals, I cannot seem to keep her on a reasonable schedule. The first night, it took more than an hour to get her to sleep. The next night, I let her stay up a little later only to get more tears than usual.

I am trying to take comfort in the notion that this is normal and happens to everyone. Or I am just lousy at bedtime routines. Come to think of it, she kind of fusses when I put her down for a nap, too. Oh, well. Enjoy it now, Kid, because some day you'll be craving those naps!

No comments: