Thursday, February 14, 2008

Special Valentine

For Mae's first Valentine, we found this really cute poem about fingerprints. Right now, Mae isn't into leaving fingerprints unless they are on her Daddy's glasses. We tried to make a heart shape with her two handprints. The heart isn't as apparent as we hoped (it's hard working with little hands and little ones), but we think Rich will like it all the same.
For those interested in the poem, it reads:


Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls

But every day I'm growing --
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small

February 14, 2008
Love, Mildred Renate

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your loved ones!

2 comments:

Natasha, Phil, Alex, Zachary & Madelyn said...

That is so sweet!

The Beatty's said...

That turned out beautiful! Let me know if you ever need other ideas for handprint pictures. This year we have done spiders, trees, a wreath and a reindeer with a footprint!